Date: Fri 13 May 22
We are looking for a permanent senior oilfield microbiologist to work in the Microbiology Team at Oil Plus’s Headquarters in Newbury, UK. The successful candidate will be required to lead multi-disciplinary projects, combining microbiological and chemical investigations, offshore and onshore field analysis, process audits and operational support, as well as being involved in our research and development projects. The successful candidate will be expected to present Oil Plus’ work at international conferences and to travel overseas.
- Keeping up to date with developments and new research;
- Lead and undertake chemical efficacy studies, sampling and analysis and site audits;
- Generate novel work scopes and procedures to keep Oil Plus at the forefront of oilfield microbiology;
- Plan and conduct laboratory and desktop R&D work;
- Act as a consultant to add value to Oil Plus projects with recommendations and conclusions;
- Deliver internal and external training courses in oilfield microbiology;
- Write technical reports and papers for journals and industry publications;
- Follow established laboratory site procedures and Oil Plus work scopes;
- Act as a mentor to junior staff;
- Manage cost and time constraints;
- Perform risk assessments.
- A PhD in microbiology, biotechnology or other life sciences, with experience of environmental microbiology and geochemistry;
- Significant laboratory and/or field experience in microbial audits, microbial culturing and experimentation and molecular microbiological testing;
- Field experience and familiarity with oil production operations;
- Knowledge in one or more areas including: microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC), reservoir souring and growth in the deep subsurface, antimicrobial applications, microbial detection methods;
- Ability to work on both small and large multi-disciplinary projects, either as the project manager or as part of a project team;
- Team working and organisational expertise;
- Fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and project management tools;
- Good presentation skills for delivery of project and research data to clients, and at industry forums and conferences;
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.