Date: Tue 23 August 22
Oil Plus is an established Maintenance Consultancy, with a dedicated Maintenance Engineering division, supporting Oil & Gas clients. This provides the opportunity for an individual, with the appropriate skills and interest, to play a key role in the development and delivery of this business stream.
The purpose of this position is to implement the planned maintenance programme based on newly defined Maintenance Strategies. Develop new Job Plans where required. Assist with identifying a resource profile to demonstrate the benefits of the new PM programme versus the current PM programme. Assist with raising ‘Master Data Changes’ where appropriate.
Suitable candidates will ideally have practical experience in a similar function, be proficient in the use of Maximo and have a core Mechanical, Instrument or Electrical discipline.
The position is based in Oil Plus’s Aberdeen office, therefore eligibility to work in the UK is required. It is essential that you hold valid entitlement to work in the UK
As part of a dynamic technical team the post holder will be from an engineering background and familiar with the delivery of reliability centred tasks and solutions. You will be a team player and accustomed to working to deadlines. You will have experience in the Energy sector and be conversant with Quality Management Systems and their controls.
- Development of planned maintenance routines for core disciplines to support newly developed maintenance strategies.
- Construction of planned maintenance program based on newly developed maintenance strategies and equipment criticality rankings.
- Assist with development of Maximo load files.
- Assist with development of resource profiles to compare the current profile against the new profile.
- Amend and update maintenance strategies if required.
- Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
- Work with the project maintenance team to deliver the project milestones successfully.
JOB KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- An in depth understanding of maintenance management practices and systems
- Experience in an offshore engineering/maintenance environment.
- Knowledge and experience of offshore working practices including demonstrated ability to understand drawings, work pack format, reporting and procedures.
- Knowledge of (Technical) Business Administration.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of safe working systems – e.g., ISSOW, Risk Assessment.
- Experience and knowledge of Maximo.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
Desired experience relating to the specific role. Like job knowledge required but relating to expectations from the most recent experience attained.
- Recognised engineering qualification or extensive practical maintenance experience in the energy sector
- Proven in depth experience of maintenance management in the energy sector
- An in depth understanding of maintenance management practices, systems, and processes
- Ability to develop asset registers, maintenance strategies and planned maintenance routine for core disciplines
- High level of PC-literacy and familiar with CMMS applications, MS Access, and Microsoft Office applications in general
- Able to make decisions or request support when not sure.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Evidence of innovation, continuous improvement input and effective communication of project status.
- Strong ability and desire to bring tasks to a suitable completion.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and comfortable dealing with and presenting to different levels in the organisation.
- Work proactively, able to seek out sustainable solutions to challenges that may arise and share them across the business.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and influence others, enable change and continual improvement.
EDUCATION + TRAINING REQUIRED
Academic or vocational education and/or training required:
- Must possess a minimum of HNC or an equivalent qualification together with extensive experience in a similar role within the Oil & Gas Sector onshore or offshore.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Work Coordinator / Preparator or MTL, demonstrating the skills detailed above.
- Recognised Trade Apprenticeship.
- Recognised trade qualification/NVQ 4 HND/HNC Engineering Degree (desired) – Mechanical/Instrument/Electrical
- BSc degree in a suitable subject (preferable)