Date: Thu 07 January 21
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious graduate to join our sales team as a proposal’s coordinator on a permanent basis at our Headquarters in Newbury, UK.
The ideal candidate will be from an engineering or chemistry discipline background, with strong writing skills, excellent attention to details and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
The primary responsibility will be to coordinate all the necessary steps to deliver professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the services proposed to the client.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Liaising with engineering and technical departments to ensure the correct technical content is provided in a timely manner
- Collation, formatting and costing of proposals, to meet client expectations
- Preparation of bids in response to requests for quotation or tender documents
- Preparing project handover documents and conducting project handover meetings
- Assisting with the development of promotional materials, presentations, costing and reference database
- Collating, formatting and developing sales presentations
Technical and professional skills:
- Degree in engineering, chemistry, geology or similar subject area
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
- Excellent presentation and written / oral communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft standard software packages
Must be capable of working in a small company environment where market conditions (e.g. contract workload) and staff availability may require individuals to carry out roles that would not normally be part of their work activities.
General tasks include:
- Update customer reference lists;
- Manage the development of suitable case studies;
- Get customer feedback from projects;
- Compare proposal prices to job costs on completion of job (historical analyses also required);
- Provide general support to sales people in and (especially) out of the office;
- Correct distribution of sales reports;
- Preparation and filing of confidentiality agreements;
- Develop and update contact data base;
- Analyse customer complaints;
- Assist with implementing the company’s health and safety policies in the sales department;
- Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, the candidate has a personal responsibility to work in a safe manner to protect his/her own safety and that of others;
- Represent the company in writing, by telephone and, on occasions, in person, as required.