Date: Fri 22 November 19
We have an opportunity for a graduate petroleum or reservoir engineer to assist our petroleum engineering team on a permanent basis at our Headquarters in Newbury, UK.
The work primarily involves conducting specialist desktop reservoir simulation studies. The position will also include multi-disciplinary studies, offshore and onshore field analysis, and operational support, as well as being involved in our research and development projects as and when required.
- Conduct reservoir simulation studies using a variety of industry-standard and in-house tools - modelling studies will mainly involve: reservoir souring, scaling, corrosion, fracture, and injectivity, nodal well analysis, etc
- Contribute to and generate novel work scopes and procedures to keep Oil Plus at the forefront of specialised oilfield reservoir simulations
- Keep up to date with new software developments and updates
- A BSc in Petroleum or Reservoir Engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of oil and gas field reservoir geology, well design/completion, fluid flow, rock properties, PVT analysis and production processes
- Some experience of reservoir simulation using reservoir and specialised near-wellbore simulation tools for commercial or academic research projects such as Eclipse, PetrelRE, PVTSim, SourSimRL® and REVEAL
- Experience of building reservoir grids to represent varied waterflood patterns (5, 7 spot wells, etc.) in reservoir modelling
- Experience of other production engineering tools such Multiflash and Scalechem will be an advantage
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently is essential
- Must be able to plan and organise allocated tasks to meet project deadlines and budgets; attention to detail is a necessity
- A willingness to carry out roles not always part of the day to day work activities
- Good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills; self-motivated and able to work effectively under pressure
- A good level of PC literacy, including Microsoft product software such as, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project